Crisp Soccer Complex
Home of Matt Lodge Soccer Camps
Cutchin Field is now the home field for Murray State soccer. Located beside the Curris Center and across the street from Racer Arena, Cutchin Field has undergone many changes over the years. The facility features a 72-by-114 yard Bermuda playing field, a state-of-the-art scoreboard, and a sprinkler system to keep the field perfect at all times. read more
At Murray State
- The 2017 season finds Matt Lodge is in fourth season as assistant coach with head coach Jeremy Groves.
- Lodge joined Murray State after spending the 2013 season as a volunteer assistant with the Kentucky Wildcats.
- He has been a big part of the most successful period in the history of the Racer Soccer program where the team has produced an overall record of 35-19-4 and have dominated OVC play with a record of 24-3-3.
- Lodge has helped the Racers win two OVC regular season titles in 2015 and a shared title in 2016, as well as the OVC Tournament championship in 2016.
- In 2015, MSU won their first Ohio Valley Conference regular season title since 2008 and first OVC Tournament since 2009. The Racers had a school-record 16 wins. They also became the first team in OVC history to go undefeated at 10-0. MSU played it’s second NCAA Tournament game at Ole Miss.
- The record 2015 season produced several awards including the OVC Player of the Year winner by Harriet Withers. Taylor Stevens, Taylor Richerson were named All-OVC First Team amd freshman Alex Steigerwald was named to the OVC Newcomer team.
- In 2016, the Racers went 7-0-3 and won a share of the OVC title and were upset in the OVC Tournament by SIUE.
- Withers again was named OVC Player of the Year and the Racers also saw Ali Critcher. Taylor Richerson and Nyomi Devine each received All-OVC Second Team honors, while Karsyn Hasch was named to the All-OVC Newcomer Team.
- Lodge holds a coaching license in the USA and a Level 2 Certificate from the English Football Association.
- Former Murray State soccer all-star Taylor Stevens begins her first season on the Racer coaching staff in the 2017 season.
- A native of Fort Wayne, Indiana, she will work primarily with the Racer goalkeepers on head coach Jeremy Groves’ staff.
- She carved out an outstanding collegiate career (2011-15) as a key part in returning Racer Soccer to championship status.
- In 2015, the Racers won their second Ohio Valley Conference title and set program records with an 11-game win streak and 16 wins, and played in the NCAA Tournament for the second time.
- 2015 also marked the first time in MSU history that the Racers won both the OVC regular season and tournament championships in the same season.
- She left the Racers the record for most minutes played.
- Was a multiple winner of the OVC Defensive Player of the Week Award and as a senior in 2015, she was named First Team All-OVC.
- She joins the Racers after serving as assistant coach in the women’s soccer program at the University of Southern Indiana under head coach Eric Schoenstein in 2016.
- A 2015 graduate of Murray State, Stevens is working toward a master’s in human development and leadership at Murray State.