The Gordon College Women's Soccer ID Clinic is a bit unique compared to most college clinics, and that's by design.
1) We are distinctly Christian in our approach, which makes sense since we're a faith based institution.
2) We limit our guest player registration to 18 so that all registrants get focused attention under the guidance of Coach Breton and Coach Watson.
3) You live, train and play with 8 to 10 of our current players so you really get to know our players and team culture.
4) Because our total numbers are around 26 total players I train you as if you're my team for the weekend. This gives you the opportunity to experience our style of play and my coaching philosophy.
5) We go longer than most ID clinics (3 days, 2 nights). We've found this extra time makes a huge difference with players connecting and feeling comfortable in training.
So why do we do what we do?
Because we believe attending an ID clinic is just as important for you (our guest) to "identify" if Gordon and the team are a good fit for you as much as it gives us the opportunity to see you train and play up close and personal. And we know it works as five players from each of the last two ID clinics have committed and come to Gordon. So check us out!
Times: Arrive Friday at 2pm, depart Sunday at 11:30am
Training spots are capped and will be first come, first served
What to bring
1. Water bottle (we provide the water and ice)
2. Footwear: Molded cleats and sneakers (indoor shoes) are
necessary, turf shoes are fine also and sandals or flip flops 3. Practice gear (Remember there are five training sessions)
4. Medication: If there is something you need daily don't forget it. (We have a trainer on staff to help keep track if necessary)
6. A backpack or small athletic bag to carry gear from dorm to fields
7. Towel, sheets, blanket or sleeping bag, and pillow
Gordon ID Clinic Purpose
Offer a high-level ID soccer clinic in a distinctly Christian culture
Afford players interested in Gordon College the chance to be identified
Experience firsthand Gordon's team culture and coaching philosophy
Train, play, and live with current Gordon players
Gordon Coaching Philosophy: Invest in. Build up. Launch out!
Gordon Training Philosophy: "Strive for excellence with no fear of failure."
Gordon ID Clinic Details
1. 3 days and 2 Nights
2. 5 training sessions
3. 2 Gordon training T's
4. Training Fields: The Quad (grass), Brigham Turf (and Bennett Center if rain)
5. 3 "Enrichment Sessions" that speak into the lives of each attendee
6. Fun group activity Saturday night
7. Sunday morning devotions
8. Keepers will have special training sessions
9. Certified athletic trainers for all sessions
What are "Enrichment Sessions"?
We believe it's important to invest in our players off the field as well as on. Therefore we'll have 3 sessions spread throughout the clinic covering such topics as:
1. Finding your best school: what questions to ask and answer
2. The 3 C's of Leadership
3. Competing vs Winning: which is more important?
4. Emotion: it can be a great tool or make you a fool, you choose!
ID Camp Schedule
Friday: Day #1
02:00pm-02:30pm ... Arrive/Register/Check-in to room
03:30pm-05:00pm ... Field session
05:30pm-06:30pm ... Dinner in Lane
06:45pm-07:05pm ... Enrichment session
07:15pm-08:15pm ... Field session
08:30pm-09:30pm ... Group event
11:00pm ... In room/Lights out
Saturday: Day #2
08:00am-08:30am ... Breakfast at Lane
09:00am-09:20am ... Enrichment Session
09:30am-11:30am ... Field Session
11:40am-12:00pm ... Recovery pool session
12:30pm-01:15pm ... Lunch at Lane
01:20pm-02:00pm ... Campus tour or Chill
02:25pm-02:45pm ... Enrichment Session
03:00pm-05:00pm ... Field Session
05:15pm-05:45pm ... Pool recovery session
06:15pm-06:45pm ... Dinner at Lane
07:00pm-09:00pm ... Group event
11:00pm ... In room/Lights out
Sunday: Day #3
07:30am-08:30am ... Bagels & Devotional
09:00am-10:30am ... Field session
10:45am-11:15am ... Shower & pack
11:30am ... Goodbyes & depart from Tavilla
(Note: schedule is subject to change especially if impacted by weather)
All campers are required to have health insurance coverage and provide the College with recent medical reports. A report of a physical examination (complete with health history) conducted within the last 18 months as well as an immunization record completed by your doctor will need to be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the start of camp. Gordon does not require that a specific form be used, only that all information is submitted. Doctors will usually mail or fax these upon request.
Camp medical advising and oversight is provided by Gordon Athletics team physician, Dr. Navid Mahooti MD, MPH, of the North Shore Medical Center (978-882-6700).
All campers are required to have an Emergency Contact, Camper Release, and Epipen (if applicable) Form on file. These forms are available below and will also be attached to your confirmation email.
Download Welcome Packet
Gordon College The Quad (grass) and Brigham Athletic Complex (turf) | Wenham, Massachusetts
What if I have to cancel a camp?
We do not offer refunds on cancelled campers, just a future camp credit if you decide to cancel, but we do have what is called "Cancellation Protection." We offer basic Cancellation Protection to allow participants some peace of mind in case plans change. This allows us to keep our prices low and provide the best service possible. Due at the time of registration, Cancellation Protection entitles you to a full refund of camp fees should you cancel your registration more than 14 days prior to the start of an overnight camp, and 7 days prior to the start of a day camp. If you cancel within 14 or 7 days of the start of your session, we will give you a camp credit for all money paid. The credit is valid for three years from camp date. Credit with insurance is transferable to family members or friends, and good toward a future camp.